Sunday 26 February 2012

Final Pictures for magazine

After receiving feedback on my draft magazine, a main concern was my pictures. This included how and where they were shot and then how they were manipulated and changed in Photoshop.  Therefore i decided to take a couple of my shots again. For both of them i used a new location and tried a better quality camera.
However, i believe all of my shots of my feature artist were good enough not to be shot again, just my technique of manipulating them in Photoshop needs to be improved.

 This is my new band shot for my contents page feature list. My previous one was very bland and didn't look very good when taken on the less quality camera. Therefore this shot was taken from a different location and on a different camera. The location seemed a bit more light, this means for a better shot and an easier to manipulate picture. To make the picture look less boring and more engaging i made the artists look like they were engaging in conversation. This made for a more exciting and lively picture. However i will then have to make sure that i crop out the window and bar at the side to keep the setting as i want it to look in my picture.

This second photo is for my single artist for my contents page. The last one tried to be too energetic and with the use of a poor camera didn't really work too well. My manipulation of pictures then let me down as well as the final product looked very poor. This shot is a lot brighter and adds me another variation in shot and angle which makes my overall work look a better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment