Thursday 2 February 2012

Test Shots

Although my test shots aren't of my model, this gave me a chance to experiment with the type of shot that i want to use in my shots. For my double page spread i thought a mid shot of my artist sitting down would be good as it shows a calm and casual feel to the spread. By having the camera level on with the artist it makes the reader see as if we are looking into his eyes from our own perspective.






However i feel by having the picture in a gray scale effect it gives it a more casual yet smart feel to the picture. This also resembles the pictures that are usually seen of the band i want my main artist to look like, Elbow. However, when looking back at the pictures i think a gray scale picture which is shot so it looks as if hes looking down on us would suit better. This would make the artist seem powerful and strong which is also represented in the fact the article is on about how the band are becoming a very powerful one.









For my front cover i was thinking about having a mid to long shot to show the image of the artist in body language and also the clothing that they will be wearing. I also wanted to show the artist in a natural effect so it is easily recognizable to the reader and gives off the body language of the artist easily. Therefore this type of shot would be ideal.

















However i believe a more face on shot would be better for the cover of my magazine because its more engaging and makes it easy to see the artist and their expression, bringing in the reader. I do believe that for my magazine shoot i should make my artist do a more energetic and exciting expression, this would engage the reader more and make it more interesting to them, hopefully then tempting them into buying it. 






















Then, on my contents page i also need an extra picture of a different artist. I chose to make this article about MUSE, they are a more exciting and bolder band. Therefore i thought this effect would work very well for that picture. I believe this effect would work very well if i got my artist into a bright coloured outfit and got them to do an energetic pose, it would look very different and work well with the bands style.

No comments:

Post a Comment