Friday 10 February 2012

First Draft - Things i'll change on my next draft

I am relatively happy with my first draft and how it has turned out, however i still believe there are a few changes i would make to my next design. Firstly i have received feedback off fellow students telling me that the font i used for my cover lines and for my article does not suit my genre. On reflection i agree with them and believe the font would suit a more electro or dub step genre of magazine. Therefore to change the feel of my magazine i am now on the look for a new font that may be more suited to my genre. I want this font to still have a worn out look to it but maybe have the letters look a bit more structured and pointed.

I also believe that on reflection my article could be made a little bit longer to fill the page a bit more. At the moment it seems to me that the writing is too large and makes the article look very small. Therefore i will extend the article to make it look more real and professional. This will mean adding a couple more questions to the interview, however other than that i believe my double page spread looks very good indeed.

My final change that i know i will make already is i need to improve my cutting skills on my pictures. I believe they still look a little poor and could do with a little bit of work. I will correct this on my next draft by practicing further on my Photoshop skill until i really perfect the skill and make the magazine look a lot more professional and appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment