Monday 23 January 2012

Ideas for contents page layout

I need to also decide what I want the layout of my contents page is to look like. This is very important to make my magazine easy to navigate for my readers. The easier is to navigate, the more professional looking it is and the more sales a potential magazine like this could make. By analysing other magazine I have a good idea of what makes a good contents page and a good layout, I must now try and incorporate this into my design.
I think I should defiantly add in the boxes layout that I first saw used in the NME contents page that I analysed. This gave the page a very neat looking and well-structured look. I can make this fit the genre of music a bit better by adding a slight rugged and rubbed out divide between the boxes to fit with the font choice and the genre chosen. I think I should also add in the simple contents layout down the left hand side of the page. This will feature all the articles that would be featured in my magazine. This will make my magazine a lot easier to navigate for the reader, making it a lot more professional looking page and overall would have the potential to be a better selling magazine. The mix of the two examples I have previously seen will hopefully give me a well-structured and neat looking contents page. This makes the magazine easy to navigate and very reader friendly, but this alone does not fit the magazine and the genre featured.  Therefore I’m going to have to add effects such as making the divide lines look slightly more rugged and damaged. This will bring the look of the magazine back to the genre and fit in with the rest of the magazine, giving it a good feel of continuity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment