Tuesday 24 January 2012

My choice of publisher and magazine cost

For my magazine i have to choose a publisher that would potentially get my magazine out there to the public. I decided to choose Bauer Media group. This group currently publishes Q and Kerrang! magazine. While publishing these they also have a good firm hand in music television with stations such as 4music and the hits TV. All this makes them a highly experienced company when it comes to music publishing in any media area. Plus with the reputation of publishing two magazines that crossover with my genre of music, they would know exactly how to get the magazine out there and the magazine would instantly be seen by detailed readers that it must be of a good quality to be published by a large company such as their selves.
Plus, while researching similar genre magazines i managed to decide what the price of my magazine would be. I decided the magazine should cost £2.50. I chose this amount because it seems to be the general price of similar magazines such as Q, Kerrang! and NME. This would mean that in a professional situation my magazine would be able to compete against these already reputable magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment