Thursday 12 January 2012

Preliminary evaluation

When I created my preliminary magazine for the school I took my inspiration from the schools current magazine itself. It follows a very simple look while also being very structured, easy on the eye and easy for all to understand and read. I also believed that the school logo was very important when creating this magazine so I placed it on my magazine as part of the title. I felt it had to be shown on the cover because this is also part of the style that the current school magazine uses, however it was my own idea to make it part of the title itself.
Through this preliminary work I believe I have learnt some basic skills on how to make a magazine while using Photoshop. These include being able to edit a photo that I took myself, how to cut this away from its background and place it onto my page. I also learnt how to structure the style of the magazine and some small features that will aid the appearance of my final magazine.
I feel that the photography part of my preliminary work was very successful. I managed to take the required shot that I wanted for my cover and contents page. Although these were very basic in photography skill it shows that I can take a good picture and I shall be able to build on these skills for an even better shot for my final magazine. I also believe that I kept on time well by completing my preliminary work to a good standard and by completing it on time. This also shows that with more time I will make a better quality and more technical magazine while also handing it in on schedule showing that I am a reliable individual.
Although this is only preliminary and my final piece will have more time invested into it, if I could do this again I would experiment with more technical features more and just see what they could add to the look of my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment