Monday 23 January 2012

Who will be on my front cover?

To make a professional looking magazine I have to ensure that the person on my front cover fits the genre of music I have decided to do. This must take into account the persons clothing, body language, their overall look and any props and the use of a background.
The good thing about the genre I chose is that it is a very broad genre with a lot of different band styles that contrast while still being classed in the same genre. Two examples of this are MUSE and Elbow. Elbow is very well known and are typically seen in casual looking suits that may have un tucked shirts to make them look slightly more casual and informal.  On the other hand, MUSE are also a very popular band but their choice of clothing and body language is very different to Elbow. MUSE are known for wearing very bright and different clothing, for example Matt Bellamy their lead singer wore a bright red suit on tour with them in 2007. This is a very different style to Elbow but both bands are still classed as Alternative rock bands. They also differ in body language. Elbow are known to be generally casual, this is shown in music videos but also through their live performances. MUSE contrasts this massively, they are known for being very energetic, again a good example is Matt Bellamy in their most recent tour. Their videos are also known to be very different and show very weird and new things, like their video for their song, ’Feeling good’.
This shows us that I have a very wide choice of what I can show my artist to be like through clothing and body language. For my artist I am going to go for a very casual look of jeans and a t shirt. This gives the artist a very casual look that is shown through some alternative rock bands. The artist will have a messy hair style that also gives the artist a casual look. I will either ask them for a casual calm or even fun looking facial expression or I will ask for an energetic picture with an action shot for the cover, making it interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment